Friday, October 16, 2015

Education

To be honest, I am not really informed about the manifestations related with education in our country. It may sound a little selfish, but I have classes few days a week, I keep busy working and I do not hear about what happens in the University.
I found interesting the video. I think it says things that are really true. Education in our country is centered in a globalized world where every person must be functional to the system.
Education in Chile, attempt to be standardized, but each school has different needs and realities, either by issues economic, cultural, demographic, etc. I do not know why the government attempt to measure equally to all students to be selected at a university, putting to one side the needs of each person, If one student didn't go to "good" school where he received the minimum obligatory content, with difficult can get to a good score on PSU for example.
There is something that although I am not present in manifestations or assemblies, I do have very clear: Education in Chile today, you have to buy it and pay dearly for it. If you come from a school that does not prepare you as a machine to give a good PSU you will pay a pre-university for entry to a "State" University. That was my reality. From young I did very good grades in school, but upon into the University I can see that I was disadvantaged compared to most of my peers. I not consider a bad school the place where I studied, it taught me as very positive things in my life, such as respect, solidarity, companionship. I have much affection for my school of childhood.
I take to manifest my open support to many teachers who taught me and formed me in that school. Now they are on strike for better working conditions. Really deserve it, the job of a teacher is very underrated and that is reflected in their salaries.
That's all for today.
Greetings to all!


No comments:

Post a Comment