Thursday, November 19, 2015

Where rainbows ends..


In this moment, besides of read the books that I need for the University, either for work or to my memory, I'm reading a book called "Where rainbows ends”, of Cecelia Ahern.
The genre of this book is a novel, which narrates a love story. A friend told me that I should to read, and sent me the link for facebook.
The truth is that I enjoyed this book. To be honest, it isn’t a type of book that I read usually, but I'm enjoying it a lot.
This book is different because the author writes through letters, emails, postcards, chats and a series of ways, for the that have been reported two best friends throughout his life, through these messages the history of both is told it, besides the things that are happening with the passing of time.
Rosie and Alex, are the protagonists of the book, and are two friends who have known since childhood, and over the years (when both are adult), they realize that both feel a great love for other.
A year ago, was premiered the movie called "Love, Rosie", the movie of this book. This is nice, but I feel that the essence of the book that is the strong friendship of both has been lost, giving way to the narrative of a story that was only of love from the start, and it is not.
In fact, the confusion that beginning to feel Alex and Rosie affected deeply both, and this doesn't look as reflected in the movie.
They after have made their lives, they get married with other persons, and they had children, fail in their relationships, they decide finally to take a chance. This is that the shows the Book.

3 comments:

  1. I haven´t read any of Cecelia Ahern´s novel but I have watched the movie "PS: I love you" that is based in one of her books and I like it, is really sad to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, in general I don't like love stories because most of them are very "cliché", but this story sounds interesting because it's a story of friendship about two mature people who are given an opportunity, so I like it, Regards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember "PS. I love you" with your post. I don't like de romantic novels so much, but good for you :D

    ReplyDelete